Ok I know it is Halloween today and so trick and treating is allowed. But if you are someone who is constantly trick and treating yourself with food and you are not losing the weight that you want to lose, then read on ….
If you are serious about wanting to lose weight you need to check if you are you Trick and Treating Yourself?
- Do you open a packet of biscuits or something similar and munch your way through half a packet, knowing this is not really healthy and yet tell yourself that it won’t really hurt as tomorrow is another day?
- Do you nibble on the kid’s sweets and think “oh they are only little so they won’t make a difference to your weight?”
- Do you find yourself reaching for your favourite unhealthy food regularly (like chocolate, cakes, sweets, crisps or salty nuts) when you are having a hard time or bad day?
- Do you find yourself regularly missing meals and instead grab snacks on the run?
- Do you regularly have an inner argument with yourself about whether or not to eat that big bag of crisps in the cupboard, or to eat that box of chocolates and find that the “naughty” voice that says “ yes eat them, eat them!” usually wins?
If you answer yes to any of the above and you are actually scaring yourself when you step on the scales and realise how heavy you really are, you need to take action.Make a decision that Halloween, ie today, is the last day for you to trick or treat yourself in this way. It is time to put away the candies and implement some new habits that won’t leave you feeling like a plump little pumpkin!
PLANNING Is the key to success here.
- Plan your meals for the week, so that you ensure that you are eating regularly and healthily. Sit down at the beginning of the week and plan the next week’s worth of breakfast, lunch and dinners. Look up some new healthy meals that you may not have cooked or eaten before to keep you motivated.
- Plan your shopping list to buy what you need for these meals and stick to it when you go shopping. It removes the temptation to grab unhealthy special offers and foods that you don’t want languishing behind your cupboard doors, enticing you with their wails of “eat me, eat me!”
- Plan some healthy snacks for the next 7 days. It’s perfectly normal to have snacks in the day and planned ahead, these can boost your healthy five a day fruit and veggies and keep you nicely fuelled for the challenges of the day.
- And finally plan for success. Take a few minutes to visualise yourself in the week ahead, buying and preparing your meals, enjoying your healthy snacks and feeling happy about them and good about the changes you are making. See yourself making these changes easily and imagine how you will feel at the end of this week when you have eaten healthily, cooked proper meals and snacked on foods that are good for you: not feeling hungry, deprived or guilty.
Whilst there is no magic wand to wave that will make you lose weight, with a swift flick of your hand you could pick up the phone and talk to me about how I use NLP Coaching and Hypnosis to empower my clients to shed their excess pounds and keep them off without the pain of dieting. If you would like to “take the weight off your mind” then call me on 020 8395 5471. In the meantime, Happy Halloween!